|Abilities||Sand Veil, Sand Rush (Hidden)|
|Episode First Shown in||Pokemon! I Choose You!|
|First Known Owner||AJ|
|First Game Appeared in|
/ (Alola Region)
|National Dex Number||027|
Sandshrew is the Mouse Pokemon. It evolves into Sandslash starting at level 22.
Sandshrew has the appearance of a mouse made out of yellow bricks. It has large, bulby blue eyes and pokey ears. It's a very small Pokemon, with a tan underbelly. It has two claws on it's feet, and three on it's hands.
Alolan FormEditIn the Alola region, Sandshrew migrated to snowy mountains due to the volcanic activity near the desert areas. Its body is a light, icy blue and with a cream-colored belly and muzzle. Its head now resembles an igloo. Thicker plates form a dome around its head and its ears resemble an igloo's entrances. In adapting to this cold climate, its body became larger and heavier with a shell of ice covering its hide. The steel-like covering grants it extra defense, but it is unable to curl into a ball like its desert counterpart. Alolan Sandshrew's claws allow it to move without slipping on icy surfaces, but it slides on its stomach when it needs to move quickly.
Mark's Sandshrew first appeared in Bug Spray, Anybody?
A girl with a Sandshrew appeared in A New Member of The Team.
- Ian's Sandshrew first appeared in Vs. Sandshrew. It evovled that same episode. It was his first Pokémon.
- Wild Sandshrew appeared in Vs. Tauros.
- Kyle's Sandshrew appeared in Fighting Some ZZZ's.
- A Dream Sandshrew appeared in Skirmish of Rivals! Confrontation in the Dream World.
- An Alola form Sandshrew appeared in Lawrence's Collection in New Moon Shines on the Collector.
- Richard befriended and captured a Sandshrew in 'Gaining new Experiences'.
- Red has caught a Sandshrew in Red Caught Pokemon & Charlie Caught Cold.
- Defense Curl
- Sand Attack
- Poison Sting
- Rapid Spin
- Fury Cutter
- Fury Swipes
- Sand Tomb
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Earth Quake