|Abilities|| Swift Swim
Rattled (Hidden Ability)
|Episode First Shown in||Pokemon! I Choose You!|
|First Known Owner||James|
|First Game Appeared in|
|National Dex Number||#129|
Magikarp is the Fish Pokemon. It evolves into Gyarados starting at level 20.
Magikarp has a small egg-shaped body, covered in orange scales. It has a three-pointed yellow crown-like growth on its back and lower body. It has a thin web-like tail, mostly a white-color, but surrounded in orange. It has two long yellow whiskers hanging from the side of its face. It has large pink lips, and large white eyes. It is two feet and eleven inches tall, and it weighs 22 pounds.
- A Magikarp appeared in Swap And Switch.
- Several wild Magikarp appeared in Charred Courage.
- A Magikarp appeared in Magikarbo.
- Several Magikarp appeared, owned by a Fisherman in Two Bosses, One Memorial.
- A shiny Magikarp appeared in The search for Gyarados. It evolved into Gyarados.
- A wild Magikarp appeared in Vs. Bulbasaur.
- A wild Magikarp appeared in Safari Zone.
- The Cerulean Gym Magikarp appeared in Vs. Lickitung, Vs. Golduck and Vs. Wailmer.
- A trainer's Magikarp appeared in Vs. Marill.
- Wild Magikarp appeared in Vs. Kingdra.
- Steve's Magikarp appeared in Ditto in Crisis! Rocket Experiment Gone Wrong.
- Wild Magikarp appeared in Vs. Lanturn.
- Wild Magikarp appeared in Daddy Issues: Raising the Prince of the Sea.
- A Magikarp in the Ambrette Aquarium appeared in Fighting the Storm.
- Several wild Magikarp, including a Shiny one, appeared in Fighting the Storm.
- A coordinator's Magikarp appeared in Vs. Brendan.
- A wild Magikarp appeared in Vs. Piplup. It was used as bait to lure Piplup out.
- A Magikarp's at Reggie's day care center appeared in Vs. Bibarel and Illumination on a Bad Habit.
- Wild Magikarp appeared in Under the Coast.
- A Magikarp was used in a Pokéathlon in Vs. Pokéathlon.
- A coordinator's Magikarp appeared in Vs. Hitmonlee and Parasect.
- A Magikarp was mentioned in Trade Fair. Someone was trying to trade it for somebody's Machoke.
- START: Splash
- 015: Tackle
- 030: Flail