|Abilities|| Early Bird or Flash Fire
Unnerve (Hidden Ability)
|Episode First Shown in||Hour of the Houndour|
|First Known Owner||Cassidy|
|First Game Appeared in|
|National Dex Number||#228|
Houndour evolves into Houndoom starting at level 24.
Houndour has a black body, with an orange under belly and snout. Houndour's ears are pointed, and it has a short tail. Houndour’s fangs extend out of its mouth, and its nose is black. Houndour has white bands on its legs, and more rib-like ones on its back. Houndour appears to have a skull-like design on its head with the orbits looking much like ‘eyebrow’ patterning commonly seen on dogs. Houndour also has circular, red-colored patterning on the underside of its paws.
A group of Houdour attack a family, ect. in Hue Eclipse.
- Cassidy's Houndour appeared in Vs. Unown, Vs. Lugia 1 and Vs. Lugia 2.
- Several wild Houndour followed Houndoom in Vs. Houndoom.
- Team Rocket Grunt's used Houndour in Vs. Red Gyarados and Vs. Mewtwo 1.
- Team Magma Grunts used Houndour in Vs. Mightyena and Vs. Natu.
- Team Galactic Grunts used Houndour in Vs. Purugly and Situation at Stark Mountain!
- A coordinator's Houndour appeared in Harp Singing Through the Stage.
- A petrified Houndour designated for Lawrence's Collection appeared in Crowning the Savior.
- A Team Rocket grunt's Houndour appeared in Humble Beginnings where it attempts to stop the genetic Spinarak from escaping but failed.
- Archer's Houndour appeared in Secrets in the Ruins of Alph.
- Odor Sleuth
- Beat Up
- Fire Fang
- Faint Attack
- Foul Play
- Nasty Plot