|Abilities||Shield Dust, Run Away (Hidden)|
|Episode First Shown in||Pokemon Emergency|
|First Known Owner||Ash|
|First Game Appeared in|
|National Dex Number||010|
Caterpie resembles a green caterpillar. It has a red antennae on its head and yellow ring-shaped markings on the side of its body.
- A wild Caterpie appeared in 200 Feet Under The Sea
- Several wild Caterpie appear in Return to Viridian.
- A pink Caterpie was shown in The Pink Pokemon of Pinkan Island!
- Another wild Caterpie appeared in Murcott Island, Bug Catching Contest!
- A wild Caterpie appeared in Dr. Scott, To The Rescue!
- Mark's Caterpie first appeared in Bug Spray, Anybody?
- A Caterpie makes a recurring role in the show, The Adventures of Dumb Pokémon prior to the episode Bug College Fun Times With Snivy and Caterpie. Caterpie is also sensitive and careful and is Snivy's childhood friend.
- A Caterpie by the name of Robert appears as the main character of the series. He first appeared in Wakin' Up, in which he had a problem evolving and asked Greg, a Butterfree, why he couldn't evolve. Later Greg and Robert went to the Beedrills' Tree to ask the Hoothoots' Robert's questions. Various unnamed Caterpies also appeared in the episode.
- A wild Caterpie appeared in Vs. Bulbasaur.
- Wild Caterpie escaped a forest fire in Vs. Magby.
- Wild Caterpie appeared in Vs. Heracross.
- Wild Caterpie appeared in Vs. Suicune.
- Ben's Caterpie, nicknamed Pesky Dust, debuted in It's Battle Time! It evolved into Metapod in Knights of Chivalry.
- A Caterpie at Professor Sycamore's lab appeared in Revealing the Fairy Type!
- Red caught a Caterpie in Evolution Festival Of Caterpie.
- String Shot
- Bug Bite